The team of the project Steel Sector Careers – More Opportunities Than You Can Imagine would like to invite you to participate in the Steel Sector Careers Final Conference which will take place online on Friday, 15 May 10:00-16:00 (GMT+1)
The goal of the conference is to bring together key steel sector stakeholders, including company representatives, worker and sector organisations, public authorities and education providers to reflect on:
- outcomes of the “Blueprint for sectoral cooperation on skills: Towards an EU strategy addressing the skills needs of the steel sector” initiative;
- skills needs and job profiles of the steel sector of the future;
- possible actions to decrease skills gaps in the steel sector;
- best practices to improve the European steel sector’s image and competitiveness.
- Get access to insights into the steel sector skills supply and demand state of play.
- Get informed about two implementation roadmaps towards bridging skills gaps and improving the steel industry image to better attract and retain top talent.
- Learn about the initiatives and experiences of organisations across Europe to decrease skills gaps in the steel sector.
- See how companies are reacting to the COVID-19 pandemic and turning challenges into opportunities to gain knowledge and strengthen the sector.
- Network with a large variety of stakeholders, including policymakers from the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW) and the Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME), steel sector professionals, education providers and trade union representatives.
- As an employee looking to add value to your company or considering a future career in steelmaking, take advantage of the opportunity to get informed about actions and measures for decreasing skills gaps and improving the image and competitiveness of the European steel sector.
the date and join the online conference about the future of European
steelmaking. Take advantage of the opportunity to get informed
about the actions and measures for decreasing skills gaps and improving
the image and competitiveness of the European steel sector.