“Collective Innovation for Public Transport in European Cities”
Funding Source: European Commission – European Commission – Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA)
Programme: HORIZON 2020 – “Smart, Green and Integrated Transport”
Duration: May 2015 – April 2018 (36 months)
CIPTEC is a Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Action that aims to re-brand and re-market public transport sector by blending and enriching it with the social innovation and social entrepreneurship concepts and best practices. CIPTEC aims to bring a new thinking and innovative solutions (new concepts and business models) for public transport in order to create a favourable environment for public transport growth.
The project’s main objectives are:
- To gather and analyse customer intelligence improving the understanding of urban public transport demand
- Collect market intelligence to allow the demystifying of the urban public transport supply
- Advanced motivational insights undergoing transport related behaviour
- Mapping and identification of promising innovative approaches and co-creation of novel integrated solutions and business models for urban public transport
- Translation validation and capitalization of results through an extended platform of motivated stakeholders for public transport innovation.